Another outstanding characteristic of the A-200 is its enormously improved S/N ratio. By adopting the advanced instrumentation amplifier principle for the input stage in a double configuration, using only discrete electronic components instead of ICs, and fine-tuning the gain complement with the following stage, simply amazing S/N ratings were achieved: 126 dB at the maximum gain setting and 132 dB with gain set to –12 dB. These represent ultimate values even in the formidable Accuphase lineup.
- MDSD type D/A converter using eight parallel circuits
- Direct Balanced Filter with totally separate line and balanced signal paths
- Support for 5.6448 MHz (1-bit 2-channel DSD) and 384 kHz (32-bit 2-channel PCM)
- Six digital interface inputs including HS-LINK and USB
- Phase selector for balanced outputs
- Sampling frequency and quantization bit display for input signal
- Separate power transformers for digital and analog sections